We all have days where we couldn’t bear to eat another vegemite and cheese sandwich but haven’t got time to make anything fancy for lunch. Or you’ve been sick but still have to feed the family (ideally something non fast food).
As part of my Mission 28 I’ve been cooking a new recipe each week so I thought it about time I shared some of the healthy and SO TASTY meals.
Here’s the OH GOD FIFTEEN MINUTES AND THEY’RE GOING TO EAT THE WHOLE HOUSE recipe!
Serves 4 people or 2 hungry teenage boys
4 pita pockets
1 tbs olive oil
1 large garlic clove, crushed
2/3 cup (60g) extra light cheddar cheese, grated
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbs shredded basil leaves (I used basil paste – worked just as well)
1/4 cup Weight Watchers sour cream
What to do:
1. Breathe. You can do this!
2. Preheat oven to 200°c fan-forced. Place pita pockets on baking tray. Combine oil and garlic in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper.
3. Spoon oil mix evenly over top of pitas. Sprinkle with grated cheese and top with tomatoes. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until pizzas are golden and tomatoes are soft.
4. Good news, you’re more than half done!
5. Meanwhile, combine basil and sour cream in a bowl. Remove pizzas, top with basil cream and serve.
6. Relax and enjoy your pizza. You’ve earned it.
What is your favourite last minute dish? Do share your recipe in the comments!
Credit: Recipe (without commentary) from Weight Watchers Magazine – September 2011